1. Sideways - great movie about drinking fine wines and women.
2. Gilad Atzmon concert at the Green Room - fantastic sax player, who did a wonderful piss-take of the execrable Kenny G - great album too: Muzik.
3. Sarah Broom's book about contemporary poetry in Britain and Ireland is one of the few that actually straddles the mainstream/avant-garde/performance poles successfully.
4. A weekend of avant-garde poetry in Cambridge.
5. A trip to South Africa to meet lots of poets and a visit to Soweto to meet a jazz-loving taxi-driver, playing Hugh Masekela in his car.
6. Geraldine Monk's Escafeld Hangings.
7. Chris MacCabe's The Hutton Inquiry.
8. Ashbery's latest book - and, from the end of last year, his Selected Prose.
SOME OF THE BEST POETRY BOOKS OF 2017 PART ONE
3 weeks ago